Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gallery Wall from A-Z

So to kind of work off of the last post I figured I could tell a little bit about my journey from start to finish of my gallery wall. It's not symmetrical which is outside of my comfort zone but it's growing on me.

It all started about a year and a half ago when I emailed Email A. Clark about using her online design services. After helping me with lamp choices, some artwork, pillows and throws she also mentioned that she thought a gallery wall would look good on the wall that my TV is on. Well putting that many nails in the wall scares the hell out of me but the way I figure it is the walls need to be painted again so if I screw up it just means i have to find someone faster to fix it :)

I started brainstorming in publisher and made this.

It started out to be more symmetrical but I've been told that I need to step outside of my box in the den and add some funkyness. As you will see even with a design, the way it looks on the wall isn't quite to scale but I think I did an okay job.











And for the final product....

There will definitely be some changes along the way and maybe some additions. If you have a gallery wall in your home, share your ideas!

-Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment