Monday, February 27, 2012

DIY-er turn Entrepreneur

There is nothing like a wedding that will get your creative juices flowing. I've always been interested in planning events which was part of my last job but this was my niche. Picking colors, looking at every picture a photographer has taken (shout out to Nadean at Gene Ho Photography out of Myrtle Beach, SC!), picking the perfect dress for you and your maids and then watching how everything comes together the day of. I was a very hands-on cost conscious bride. I had a spreadsheet for everything and used people's blogs and such to get ideas of things that I could tackle myself or cut back expenses without cutting back on style.

One thing in particular that I made myself were some of the props for my photo booth. I hired a company about 45 minutes away from where we wed and was not sure if they would have everything I wanted so one of the things I made were mustaches on sticks. They were a hit, let me tell you. Not only were the pictures a hit but the photo booth started a sandstorm of ideas in my head after the wedding. If I was one of the only people in my group of friends that had this photo booth at my wedding, (which by the way makes for great entertainment and favors for your guests :)) there has to be so many people who are missing out on this great idea. I immediately did research to see where different photo booth companies were located in South Carolina along with their pricing. I researched where to buy them, the costs, upkeep, etc. Within a week, I knew this would be something I would love to do. I threw the idea out to a couple of different people but one person stuck out in my mind. My cousin, Elizabeth is very involved in our community and knows a totally separate professional and social group than I do. We got together and formed Flash Photo Booth Rental in September 2011! Since then we have been booming! Weddings have been a big seller for us as well as corporate events, proms and even small children's birthday parties!

Spread the word to your circles of friends and professional groups. It is a great way to lighten up an event and to remember the night.


Check out our Facebook page that has lots of fun pictures from our events here. And our video here!


No comments:

Post a Comment